Revelation 1:7, “Look, he is coming with the clouds,” and “every eye will see him, even those who pierced him;” and all peoples on earth “will mourn because of him.”
It’s Called the Second Coming Because Jesus Actually Comes Back!
Quiboloy fails miserably when trying to explain how he is the second of Christ. His basic teaching is that Jesus has come back through him because as the Appointed Son of God Apollo carries the teachings of Almighty Father. Quiboloy states, “If you believe Jesus Christ as the Word of God, who is God Himself, who was made flesh, you are of God. Two thousand years after, which is my generation today, this verse is still in effect. Do you believe Jesus Christ came in the flesh? The Second Coming is here. He has come in the flesh.” Therefore, in his sermon, “The Second Coming of Christ” he also says that all the ideas of a literal coming of Jesus with trumpet sounds and tribulations are misinterpreted by the church and are to be taken spiritually in him not literally in Jesus.
The depth of Quiboloy’s deception obviously knows no limits. The second coming of Jesus is the single most prophesied event in the whole Bible. As a matter of fact there are more verses in the Old Testament that prophesy his second coming than speak of His first! Prophecy expert Grant Jeffery writes, “The Second Coming of Jesus Christ is the greatest single theme in Scripture. While there are approximately three hundred prophecies in the Old Testament that foretold the first coming of Christ, there are more than eight times as many verses describing the Second Coming. In total, some 2400 verses throughout the Old and New Testaments reveal God’s promises about the return of Jesus Christ. The enormous number of prophetic verses about the Second Coming underlines the vital importance of this event in God’s plan for mankind. Consequently, we dare not ignore the prophetic signs pointing to the nearness of His return.”
To try to overlook or “spiritualize” these massive amount of verses that contain actual events and promises is to literally make the Bible itself useless. In other words, if the Bible gets Jesus’ second coming wrong, then its whole message cannot be trusted. Below is a short list of the things the Bible teaches specifically will happen when Jesus comes back.
- JESUS ACTUALLY COMES BACK: Not another version of Jesus or His reincarnation- or even a second son, but the very Jesus who was pierced, put to death, and raised from the dead in a glorified body. Acts 1:11, “Men of Galilee,” they said, “why do you stand here looking into the sky? This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven.” This excludes anyone else, especially Quiboloy, for claiming they are the second coming.
- THE WHOLE WORLD WILL SEE HIM COME ON THE CLOUDS: This is not just a parable or something to be taken metaphorically. God forbid! The Bible clearly teaches that just like how He left on clouds, He will returns on clouds. However, this time He will immediately begin to judge the world and many people will mourn because they will be punished. Matthew 24:30-31, “30 Then will appear the sign of the Son of Man in heaven. And then all the peoples of the earth will mourn when they see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven, with power and great glory. 31 And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.” God have mercy on any who defy or disbelieve this- Jesus has spoken and it remains true!
- JESUS CONQUERS THE BEAST & THE KINGS OF THE EARTH: Could the apostle John be clearer in describing what he saw? Certainly not. No amount of Apollo’s “spiritualization” can change God’s Word! Revelation 19:11-21, “11 I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and wages war. 12 His eyes are like blazing fire, and on his head are many crowns. He has a name written on him that no one knows but he himself. 13 He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God. 14 The armies of heaven were following him, riding on white horses and dressed in fine linen, white and clean. 15 Coming out of his mouth is a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations. “He will rule them with an iron scepter.” He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God Almighty. 16 On his robe and on his thigh he has this name written: King of kings and Lord of lords. 17 And I saw an angel standing in the sun, who cried in a loud voice to all the birds flying in midair, “Come, gather together for the great supper of God, 18 so that you may eat the flesh of kings, generals, and the mighty, of horses and their riders, and the flesh of all people, free and slave, great and small.” 19 Then I saw the beast and the kings of the earth and their armies gathered together to wage war against the rider on the horse and his army. 20 But the beast was captured, and with it the false prophet who had performed the signs on its behalf. With these signs he had deluded those who had received the mark of the beast and worshiped its image. The two of them were thrown alive into the fiery lake of burning sulfur. 21 The rest were killed with the sword coming out of the mouth of the rider on the horse, and all the birds gorged themselves on their flesh.” That’s what it’s like when the real Jesus comes back- not a sinful man dressed in a suit on TV preaching lies!
- JESUS SETS US HIS KINGDOM AND RULES FOR A THOUSAND YEARS: After the Great Tribulation (Revelation 6) and the Battle of Armageddon (Revelation 16:16-21). Jesus rules the earth with His people. Apollo may rule over a tiny garden now, but Jesus will rule over the whole universe! Revelation 20:6, “Blessed and holy are those who share in the first resurrection. The second death has no power over them, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with him for a thousand years.”
I pray that you will be ready for Jesus’ second coming and not be deceived by the false christs and prophets that Jesus warned about. May we all bring this message to the whole world and especially to those in the Kingdom Nation!
Revelation 22:12-21, “12 Look, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to each person according to what they have done. 13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End. 14 “Blessed are those who wash their robes, that they may have the right to the tree of life and may go through the gates into the city. 15 Outside are the dogs, those who practice magic arts, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idolaters and everyone who loves and practices falsehood. 16 “I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star.” 17 The Spirit and the bride say, “Come!” And let the one who hears say, “Come!” Let the one who is thirsty come; and let the one who wishes take the free gift of the water of life. 18 I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this scroll: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to that person the plagues described in this scroll. 19 And if anyone takes words away from this scroll of prophecy, God will take away from that person any share in the tree of life and in the Holy City, which are described in this scroll. 20 He who testifies to these things says, “Yes, I am coming soon.” Amen. Come, Lord Jesus. 21 The grace of the Lord Jesus be with God’s people. Amen.”
- Quiboloy fails miserably at trying to teach that all the 2,400 verses prophesying Jesus’ second coming are “spiritually” about him.
- The Bible gives four main proofs that Apollo is not the second coming of Jesus:
- Jesus is prophesied in Revelation 1:7 to actually come back in His resurrected body with His nail piercings like Thomas touched in John 20:25-29.
- Jesus will come back on the clouds (just like how he left) but this time for the whole world to see, Matthew 24:30 & Acts 1:11.
- Jesus conquers the beast and the kings of the earth when He returns, Revelation 19:11-21.
- Jesus establishes and rules over a worldwide kingdom for a thousand years with his people as kings and priests, Revelation 20:6.
For Further Study on the Second Coming
- “Are We Living in the End Times?” by Tim LaHaye.
- “Rapture Ready,” Christian website with tons of great articles, http://www.raptureready.com
 “Anti-Christ, False Christs, False Prophets,” by Apollo Quiboloy, accessed July 25th, 2014, http://www.apolloquiboloy.com/apollo-quiboloy-anti-christ-false-christs-false-prophets/
 “The Second of Coming of Jesus” sermon by Apollo Quiboloy, accessed July 30th, 2014, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FClU-iYVn4A
 “Prophetic Signs of the Second Coming,” by Grant Jeffrey, accessed July 30th, 2014, http://www.grantjeffrey.com/article/chaparm.htm