John 19:30, “When he had received the drink, Jesus said, “It is finished.” With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit.”
What About, “It is Finished!” Does Quiboloy Not Understand?
For Quiboloy to deceive people into believing that he is the “Appointed Son of God” sent to finish the word of salvation he has to first, (1) Deny the Triune nature of God, (2) Teach there is a difference between the Begotten Son of God and the Appointed Son of God, and lastly, (3) Promote the idea that Jesus didn’t complete the work of salvation. Check, check, and check- he has sadly done all three.
In his own words he states, “I have inherited the Sonship from Him as the Begotten Son in the Jewish setting. He was in the position of the Begotten Son to complete the physical sacrifice of being the Son to produce the spiritual. I am the production of the spiritual sacrifice on the cross. I inherited the Sonship from Him. He took it away from Satan Lucifer the devil and delivered it to His Appointed Son, whom He has appointed in these last days. (Hebrews 1:1) I was able to finish His work (John 17:4). I have completed the spiritual component of salvation which was not completed during the Jewish Age and the Church Age. I am the Father’s finish product of what He had done on the cross. (Rev. 21:7) ”
As was pointed out previously, there is no difference between the Begotten Son of God and the Appointed Son of God in the Bible- they are the same person Jesus! Therefore, when you can clearly show that there is only one Son of God sent by the Father Apollo’s whole doctrine of “completing the Father’s work” falls apart. But just for further clarity I will present five reasons with their verses that prove Jesus completed the work of salvation and that there is no need for someone else to “inherit Sonship” or “complete the spiritual component.” Obviously, John 17:4-5 can only apply to Jesus because He was vindicated and glorified by being raised from the dead. When Apollo dies, like all the other false prophets before him, his body will remain in the grave! John 17:24-25, “I have brought you glory on earth by finishing the work you gave me to do. 5 And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.”
Five Biblical Reasons that Prove Jesus Completed the Father’s Work of Salvation
- JESUS IS THE ONE AND ONLY SEED SENT TO CRUSH THE SERPANT’S HEAD: In the Garden of Eden Eve was promised that her “seed” not “seeds” would crush the serpent, that seed according to Galatians 3:16 is and will always be Jesus. Galatians 3:16, “The promises were spoken to Abraham and to his seed. Scripture does not say “and to seeds,” meaning many people, but “and to your seed,” meaning one person, who is Christ.”
- JESUS, THE SUFFERING SERVANT, NEVER TRANSFERRED HIS SONSHIP: The prophet Isaiah said that the “suffering servant” would see His offspring prosper and this cannot be referring to Apollo because in Revelation 21:7 Jesus proclaims, “Those who are victorious will inherit all this, and I will be their God and they will be my children.” Therefore, Jesus never “transfers” His Sonship to another; He is given children to rule over because He purchased their salvation with His blood.
- JESUS FULLY ACCOMPLISHED THE FATHER’S ETERNAL PURPOSES FOR SALVATION: When Jesus came to earth, born of a virgin, it was for the sole purpose of completing the requirements for mankind’s salvation. That is why He said, “It is finished” on the cross before He died. There was nothing left undone because everything the Father required was fulfilled and accomplished. That is why John the Baptist said about Jesus, “Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!” And Paul said that the Father “accomplished His eternal purpose in Jesus!” Ephesians 3:11, “According to his eternal purpose that he accomplished in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
- JESUS, THE LAMB OF GOD, WILL FOREVER BE WORSHIPPED WITH GOD THE FATHER: Since Jesus is the Lamb of God, He is worshipped and given a place of great honor that is equal to the Father (no one else gets that place). Read what John recorded he saw in heaven, Revelation 5:13-14, “13 Then I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and on the sea, and all that is in them, saying: “To him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb be praise and honor and glory and power, for ever and ever!” 14 The four living creatures said, “Amen,” and the elders fell down and worshiped.” The one who sits on the throne is the Father and the Son is the Lamb, therefore, there is no room or need for Apollo. Heaven considers the work of Jesus complete.
- JESUS IS FOREVER THE HIGH PRIEST AND MEDIATOR OF THE FATHER’S NEW COVENANT: Despite Apollo trying to teach that the church age is over (which is a lie because Jesus hasn’t come back and established His earthly Kingdom) the Bible teaches that there was a New Covenant given to mankind because of Jesus’ work on the cross, Jeremiah 31:31-34.
As a result, Jesus is the only priest needed now and forever. Hebrews 7:23-25, “23 Now there have been many of those priests, since death prevented them from continuing in office; 24 but because Jesus lives forever, he has a permanent priesthood. 25 Therefore he is able to save completely those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them.” Since His priesthood is unchanging and will continue forever there is no need for another “son” to be a “mediator” between God and man. Therefore, Jesus alone perfects and fully saves all those who come to Him. Hebrews 10:14, “For by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy.”
In conclusion, it is clear to see that there was no need for God to find someone else on earth to make perfect to do His will so they could inherit “Sonship.” Both the “Serpent Seed” and the “Father’s Completion” doctrine are 100% false and unbiblical. All those who come to Jesus as saved from their sinful nature and perfected in Christ. Paul said in Galatians 5:24, “Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.” And in 2 Corinthians 5:17, “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!”
Place your full trust in Jesus and He will completely destroy the devil’s work in your life! 1 John 3:8-9 states, “8 The one who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil’s work. 9 No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God’s seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God.” How is Adam’s sin of rebellion that was handed down to you by birth defeated? By Jesus when you are born again, John 3:3!
Also, Peter said that because of Jesus everyone who comes to Jesus will be conqueror their evil human desires and obey God’s will. You don’t need Apollo Quiboloy to complete the Father’s will in your life, all you need is Jesus! 1 Peter 4:1-2, “1 Therefore, since Christ suffered in his body, arm yourselves also with the same attitude, because whoever suffers in the body is done with sin. 2 As a result, they do not live the rest of their earthly lives for evil human desires, but rather for the will of God.”
- Quiboloy’s “Serpent Seed” and “Father’s Completion” doctrines are lies and contradict the Bible. Jesus’ resurrection in a glorified body proves John 17:4-5 was solely about him.
- Here are the five biblical reasons to reject Apollo’s teachings on the “Serpent Seed”:
- Jesus is the one and only Seed used by the Father to crush the Serpent’s head, Galatians 3:16.
- Jesus, the Suffering Servant, never has nor ever will transfer His Sonship to someone else, Revelation 21:7.
- Jesus accomplished and forever finished the Father’s work of salvation on the cross, there is nothing left to do, Ephesians 3:11.
- Jesus, the Lamb of God, is given a place of worship by the Father’s throne that no one else can ever have, Revelation 5:13-14.
- Jesus has a never ending and unchanging priesthood based on the Father’s New Covenant, Revelation 20:6.
For Further Study on the Completed Work of Jesus
- “The Finished Work of Christ,” by Francis Schaeffer.
- “It is Finished,” by Matt Slick found at, http://carm.org/it-is-finished
 “Kingdom Doctrine: Frequently Asked Questions,” accessed on July 31st, 2014, http://www.kingdomofjesuschrist.org/2012/faq-kingdom-doctrine/